Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Attentionwhoreism

I suffer from attentionwhoreism (definition two).

"The act of trying to receive as much attention as possible via egotistical means." An attention whore is defined as follows: "A person or animal who won't leave you alone and comes up to you when you are trying to work."

Wait, wrong definition.

Okay, basically, I am just needy for attention. I don't really act out in comparison to most attention whores, but I certainly do enjoy being in the center of everyone's attention. I get it from being in Drama classes, I guess.

Anyway, I've been thinking a lot about how much I need attention lately.

I've got this ex. I don't like her at all. I would be perfectly fine if I never spoke to her or saw her again in my life. But she sent me a message and I had to reply. And I want to keep getting replies from her after I answer hers. And she hasn't sent a reply in a few days. And it's making me crazy.

And then there's that other girl who has a crush on me (that sounds so juvenile). Well, she did. For a long time. And I couldn't tell if I returned the feelings or if I was just friends with her. I realize now that I was just friends with her (but relationships are very complicated when they start out as friendships, especially girl/girl relationships). But then tonight she blogged something about she felt something for so long and then all of a sudden it wasn't there anymore. And it bummed me out. Because I really want that attention.

I'm also a bit of a drama queen. I'm definitely an "overly dramatic person." That's probably a good reason why I'm blogging about this in the first place.

So if you've learned anything from this post, it's that UrbanDictionary.com is an amazing site.

Also, I finished reading The Day of the Triffids by John Wyndham today. It was wonderful. Even better than the book on tape. Reading things is so much better than hearing them or watching them in a film. It was quite scary, though... I think everyone should read it. It's a classic!

No comments: